When you’re sitting down with new home builders in Adelaide to discuss your dream home, one of the things you’re likely to touch on pretty quickly is design features.
Whether it’s clever storage, a butler’s pantry, alfresco living or designer lighting, for most people the features in a new home – both inside and out – is as equally important as the layout and other factors.
So what are the design features that are likely to trend in 2021? What are the key features that you might have on your list when you sit down with new home builders in Adelaide?
New home builders in Adelaide – design feature trends
A recent article in Better Homes and Gardens listed five new home design trends that are likely to be big in 2021. Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, some of these are as a result of the restrictions and lockdowns that COVID-19 has brought to our world:
- Antibacterial materials and features, such as automatic washbasins, touchless toilet flushing and other features to reduce touching and improve hygiene.
- The use of interior bricks is likely to make a return. Forget large slabs of red bricks, however. We’re talking brick features to add warmth and character to a space.
- With dining tables turned into home offices or school desks in 2020, not surprisingly another trend is more adaptable layouts. But it’s not just a response to COVID. You’ll also see design features such as the use of non-permanent walls so that rooms can be shut off or opened up as required.
- If you’ve gone through a lockdown period without an outdoor space, you’ll appreciate that the connection between the inside and outside is set to grow even more in 2021 and beyond.
- Furniture made from waste, bacteria and fungi? It might sound like garbage, but it’s not!
New home design trends
Some other design features that we’re likely to see grow in 2021 are:
- Butler’s pantries, so that mess and clutter can be concealed, leaving your designer kitchen in pristine condition.
- Home offices. Certainly not a new trend but one that will grow in part due to COVID.
- More designer lighting. Hardly a new trend, but one thing that we’re likely to see grow is the use of indirect lighting, such as LED strips above kitchen island benches and in shower niches.
- Clever storage will allow us to tuck away daily items to maintain the minimalistic spaces that more and more people want.
- Blinds with both block out and sheer translucent fabrics so you can control the outside light to your needs. While we’re at it, let’s throw in motorised control so you can do it all while sitting down!
New home builders in Adelaide – think Selah Homes
The design features included in your dream home is likely to be important to you, and it’s vitally important to Selah Homes.
One of the advantages of choosing a custom home builder in Adelaide, such as Selah Homes, is that when it comes to design features the choice is yours. All the homes that we build for our valued Adelaide customers are architecturally designed specifically for each and every client. This means the design features, both indoors and outdoors, will be designed for you and your family.
Thinking of building your dream home? Think Selah Homes.
Discuss your Home ideas with our consultants
If you’re looking for a custom house builder in Adelaide, look no further. Contact Selah Homes today to organise a discussion about your needs and a quote.